Where Supplier Diversity Ignites the Industry
Effective Date: October 21, 2019
II. SUPPLIERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
III. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Business Information
"Business Information" is information about you or your business. MGM Resorts International for itself and its subsidiaries, affiliated and related entities (collectively, "MGM Resorts International Entities," "we," "us," or "our") collect Business Information that you provide voluntarily at the MGM Resorts International Supplier Web Site and through other dealings with MGM Resorts International Entities. MGM Resorts International Entities also collect Business Information that you provide voluntarily by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, and other means, including in the course of conducting business with us.
Business Information that we may collect through the MGM Resorts International Supplier Web Site about sole proprietors includes, among other things, the name of the sole proprietor, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, gender, fictitious name, gaming license permits, sales tax numbers, union affiliations, status as a MBE, WBE, DBE or VOB, sales information, pricing, business licenses, insurance information, and other business-related information.
Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and other Entities
Business Information that we may collect through the MGM Resorts International Supplier Web Site about corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other business entities, includes the name of the entity and its subsidiaries and related entities, date of incorporation or formation, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, fictitious name, gaming license permits, sales tax numbers, union affiliations, status as a MBE, WBE, DBE or VOB, sales information, pricing, business licenses, insurance information, and other business-related information, as well as information about the officers, principals, members, or others involved in the business, such as the Business Information that we collect for sole proprietors.
B. Confidential Business Information
You may consider some of the Business Information that you provide to MGM Resorts International Entities as confidential or proprietary business information or trade secrets that you believe we should not disclose to your competitors or unrelated third parties. We agree to consider the following Business Information to constitute Confidential Business Information: the sales volume of your business; manufacturing processes and sources; your pricing for products and services supplied to MGM Resorts International Entities; and your proposals to supply products or services to MGM Resorts International Entities. We will use reasonable efforts not to disclose your Confidential Business Information to any unrelated third parties without your permission, except as provided in Section IV.A(6) -(19) and IV.B (which permits disclosure to MGM Resorts International Entities).
C. Collected Utilizing Cookie Technology
D. Information Collected From Third Parties
IV. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Uses by MGM Resorts International Entities
MGM Resorts International Entities may use Business Information for any of the following purposes:
1. Determining your suitability as a supplier for MGM Resorts International Entities and ensuring that you comply with our requirements for suppliers;
2. Identifying potential opportunities for you to respond to requests for proposals or conduct business with MGM Resorts International Entities;
3. Comparing your business to other actual or potential suppliers and evaluating bids and responses to requests for proposal;
4. Communicating with you;
5. Obtaining additional information about you;
6. Referring our partners, affiliates and others to you;
7. To assist third party vendors that we may use to perform functions on our behalf;
8. In the event of a transfer to a third party of all or substantially all of the assets of MGM Resorts International, any of the MGM Resorts International Entities, and/or any MGM Resorts International web site;
9. To comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other valid legal process;
10. To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of any governmental authorities;
11. To protect and defend MGM Resorts International, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and all of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute;
12. To satisfy any contractual obligation to indemnify its contractors, partners or other third parties in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute;
14. To prevent imminent physical harm or threats to public safety;
15. To prevent fraud;
16. To engage in debt collection;
17. To share with MGM Resorts International Entities for potential business opportunities with you;
18. To promote ?success stories? involving you and/or MGM Resorts International Entities (with your permission); and
19. Any other business purpose reasonably related to MGM Resorts International Entities? business or other needs.
B. Sharing within MGM Resorts International and with Subsidiaries
To be clear, MGM Resorts International may disclose your Business Information for any purpose to all or any of the MGM Resorts International Entities (as defined above). This includes, among others, other resorts, casinos, or other properties that are owned or operated by or affiliated with MGM Resorts International or its subsidiaries.
Business Information collected by the MGM Resorts International Supplier Web Site is stored on systems protected by industry standard security measures. These security measures are instituted to protect these systems from unauthorized access. However, no security system is impenetrable, and these systems could become accessible in the event of a security breach. We have controls in place that are designed to detect potential data breaches, contain and minimize the loss of data, and conduct forensic investigations of a breach.
We require our staff to take reasonable measures to ensure that unauthorized persons cannot view or access your Business Information. Employees who violate our privacy policies are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
We cannot enforce or control the security of the computers, electronic devices, or electronic communication method(s) you may utilize to send e-mails and submit information to us. You are responsible for the security the computers, electronic devices and electronic communication methods you use to communicate with us. We are not responsible for the disclosure or interception of information you send us before we receive it.
As a standard security practice, we take reasonable steps which are generally recognized in the industry to ensure that the communication methods used to support the MGM Resorts International Supplier Web Site do not permit connections or communication by methods that have known security weaknesses or vulnerabilities. As such, if you experience trouble using the MGM Resorts International Supplier Web Site, it may be an indication that you need to upgrade your software to a newer version that supports more secure communication methods.
VI. REQUIRED USE OF THE SUPPLIER PORTAL
All suppliers that want to conduct business with MGM Resorts International Entities will be required to use the MGM Resorts International Supplier Web Site to register, upload various documents that we request, and engage in other activities reasonably required by us. Accordingly, you do not have the opportunity to opt-out of providing Business Information to us if you want to conduct business with MGM Resorts International Entities.